This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Tassimo.
The Hubs is a man who believes with utmost conviction that true beauty is not a matter of form but, rather, of function. In my Hubs' world,there is no room for an item that is simply "nice looking". That "nice looking" fountain pen must be an instrument of flawless operation on any grade of paper if it is to earn a place in the Hubs' pocket. The "cute" throw pillow on our sofa should be sturdy enough to handle a parade of couch potatoes which may include our six kids, two grandkids, a lot of friends, and the Hubs' pride and joy, our feisty Jack Russell Terrier. Even the Jack Russell Terrier, four year old Malcolm, is more than just a pretty face. Malcolm is as athletic and intelligent as he is dog-show handsome.
This is what my Hubs is about, high quality performance first, good looks second. Unless, of course, he can get two for the price of one.
And,that's why I thought the best reviewer of the Tassimo Brewer by Bosch should be the Hubs because, from what he has seen thus far, this is a system that is both high performing and an attractive addition to his office.
His office - yes! Am I the best, most understanding spouse, or what? Well, the Hubs thinks so and I do make an effort. I also like product reviews with a unique angle and the Tassimo as a gift for the workplace offers another a nifty twist for a home appliance. So far, it's working out nicely. The Tassimo fits neatly on his credenza, taking up a minimal footprint and an easy reach from the pot to the cup to his lips.
Life is good.
Most of us who have toiled in our nation's offices and cubicles don't know this good life. Instead, we know this drill:
- To get your all-important caffeine, you have to first haul your sedentary behind to the lunch room where you hope (against hope) that a pot of coffee has been freshly brewed.
- But, alas, everyone got to the coffee station before you did, leaving only an eighth of a inch of coffee grinds and murky dark liquid at the bottom of the pot.
- You have to get a fresh pot going but you have no time because of a 9:30 am meeting.
- You have to choose between getting that precious, fragrant cup of caffeine-rich coffee (this is not the time for decaf) and be late for the meeting or be on time.
- You chose to be on time for the meeting.
- Without coffee.
- You lose.
The Hubs will be spared "the drill". He will get his cup of Joe for the meeting. He will be on time. He will win thanks to the Tassimo on his desktop.
As for Hubs' lowdown on the Tassimo's performance, he offers the following critique:
- That the Tassimo takes up little space on his desktop.
- It's beautifully designed with clean lines. Elegant in black and silver.
- Also, intuitive to set up.
- The nifty and cleaver little T-Disc beverage packaging.
- And, the very, very cool barcode that signals the Tassimo to prepare the beverage accordingly.
- Beverage is delivered hot, not lukewarm. Not piping hot, but drinkable hot.
- The range of beverages available, from standard coffee and tea to hipster-trendy chai.
- The nice fragrance of coffee in his office.
- He set up his own little coffee station between the printer and the monitor
- The limited availability of the T-Discs. Now he has to plan and stock up.
- Adjusting beverage strength. Hubs prefers a medium, low acid coffee roast and though he could dilute a strong brew, he'd rather have control or choices in coffee robustness.
- The price. It can range from $129 to $199, not very recession-friendly. But, this may be a case of getting what you pay for. It is a Bosch product, after all.
- The manual could have been better illustrated. But, again, the Tassimo is intuitive to set up and use.
Right, that last category has one item! Clearly, he likes the Tassimo.
A unique home brewing system, TASSIMO quickly makes a wide variety of hot beverages from signature brands with the push of a button.
And, lookee here:
The More Women Bold and Badass Product Review blog's first contest!
To enter, leave a comment below. That's all!
contest begins today, 12/10/2009, and will
Make sure that the e-mail address you leave is correct.
- No duplicate comments.
- You may receive an additional entry by linking on Twitter and leaving a link in the comments.
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest and leaving a link in the comments.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents aged 18 and older.
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to reply, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- Please see the official rules - BlogHer Tassimo Sweepstakes Official Rules.
Want that Tassimo big time? Feeling ambitious? You can enter on other BlogHer Reviewer blogs! You have eight chances to win - have at it over here: BlogHer.com special offers page